Sunday, November 1, 2009

The Sleuth- A Nancy Drew Fanzine

My apologies to all for not being more committed last month to this blog. I have been extremely busy, as noted in my previous post, and have found little to no time for any series book reading, collecting or the blog. I'm hoping November will be better.
One of the things I was hoping to accomplish here on the blog is helping people find periodicals that specialize in series book collecting and certain series in particular. One of the best is The Sleuth, which spotlights and celebrates Nancy Drew.
The Sleuth is a bimonthly periodical published by the Nancy Drew Sleuths. The latest copy alone is a treasure trove of information. Todd Latoski has been examining the paperback digests and continues with his article on The Secret of Shady Glen. Two different girl series are discussed- the Kay Traceys and the Penny Parkers. In addition, individual episodes of the seventies Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries shows have been discussed.
The magazine is excellent, and I enjoy the read each and every time it comes to my doorstep.
The link above will take you directly to the back issues page, all of which I believe are still available. Here is a link to subscribe to the periodical. 38.00 gets you a year subscription. You won't regret the money spent!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you very much for the comments--it's nice to hear that you're enjoying The Sleuth. We work hard to provide something out of the ordinary and well designed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't say enough nice things about the periodical- It is very nice- Reminds me of the old Baum Bugle that the Oz club published for years-

    ReplyDelete